Gotham Cigars - Hostile Website

I bought a Groupon for a sampler clamshell but when I went to the website to redeem it the website cam up as hostile and someone could be trying to steal my personal information. I called the number provided by Gotham Cigars and I did not get an answer or a response.

It stated that the website could not be proven to be Gotham Cigars and that it may be being intercepted by an ATTACKER that wants to steal my passwords, account numbers, or credit card numbers.

I immediately canceled the Groupon and I will not be doing business with Gotham Cigars moving froward. I strongly suggest moving forward with extreme caution when dealing with this company's website.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gotham Cigars Website.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 12, 2016.

Comments

Not any fault by them, smoke a blunt

Bait and switch by Gotham Cigars through Living Social about shipping costs.

I bought through living social for www.GothamCigar.coms which read that their ground shipping was $4.95 but I have been charged $6.99. i asked them to please refund the $2.04 to my card. Tehy refused, below is a copy of their ad

Whether you're a cigar aficionado or a newbie, meet your match: GothamCigars.com, an established online shop, is fully stocked with premium stogies for every taste:

• Pay $25 for $50 to spend site-wide on cigars, humidors, and accessories

• $25 ($50 value) for a sampler pack of 6 assorted cigars + a single-blade cutter

• More than 100 big-name brands, like Acid, Arturo Fuente, Rocky Patel & more

PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 17, 2018

PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 22, 2013

the fine print

• Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift

• Limit 1 per transaction

• Entire value must be used in a single visit

• Shipping not included; flat-rate fee of $4.95 to continental U.S.

• Orders cannot be shipped to P.O., A.P.O. and F.P.O. boxes, Canada, Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands

• Other conditions apply

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 19, 2013.